Slovak Design Centre
is a state allowance organization established by the Ministry of Culture SR in 1991.
The mission of SDC as the only professional organization for this field is to gather, store, and spread information about design, to initiate and create platforms for development and support of design in SR, and to suggest conceptions of design development.
SDC cooperates with designers, companies, agencies, public administration, professional international organizations, and schools specializing in design.
To fulfill these aims SDC organizes different activities:
- national competition National Prize for Design, since 1993,
- exhibitions of industrial and graphic design both in the Slovakia and abroad,
- SDC publishes the magazine Designum (since 1994 every three months, since 2004 bimonthly), and publications about design,
- competitions of graphic and industrial design, alone or in cooperation with institutions and companies,
- builds the informational system Dizajn, the archives of design, a directory, and a database of designers,
- SDC runs a library specialized in design and accessible on line,
- administrates a web page with an extensive offering of actual information from abroad for professionals as well as the non-professional public, and for the media,
- offers consultancy and advisory service,
- prepares seminars and lecturers on different issues of design in Slovakia,
- cooperates with foreign institutions and professionals,
- SCD is a member of the international professional association ICOGRADA and BEDA,
- promotes, researches and maps design.
Slovak Design Center
Jakubovo nám. 12
814 99 Bratislava